Is it good to take multivitamin everyday?. If this thought strikes you- then, this is going to be an amazing read on Multivitamin benefits.
“An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away”. We as humans, have been a listener of this expression since our childhood. But do you believe that eating an apple daily can fulfil all your bodily requirements?. And if yes, up to what extent?
Our body requires a variety of different nutrients to keep it going and working for a long-long-time. For instance Protein, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Fat, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Frolic acid, Iron, Zinc and Water. Like a person cannot be efficient in all the fields of work. A meal or a fruit sometimes cannot provide you with all these nutrients.
What are Multivitamins?
According to National health service UK, a fully developed human body requires 2500 calories approx. per day. Fulfilling this number of calorie is not possible through our daily diet, and then comes the multivitamins to our rescue.
Multivitamins are a basic type of nutrients that helps in completing the requirement of calorie consumption by a healthy person per day.
Doctors prescribed multivitamins could be taken in the form of tablets or capsules. People often search for amino acid vitamins minerals and antioxidants tablets. However, right multivitamin tablets are the solution to the deficiency.
Also Read: What is Coconut Meat?
The number of required calories that a person takes from food is not enough for him to function properly throughout the day and often results in depression, anxiety and stress. At the end of the day, one needs to have some or the other type of vitamins to cover up that number of calories.
People often think ‘Is it good to take multivitamin everyday?’. Everyone should take vitamin supplements (if required) to cover up the nutrient intake and vitamin requirements.
Apart from right calories consumption, some of the other reasons (benefits of multivitamins) that can be considered for taking these capsules are as follows:
Benefits of Multivitamins
- Keeps up the energy levels.
- Helps improving concentration power.
- Lessen stress, anxiety and depression.
- Maintains good eyesight.
- Fatigue and weakness could be relieved.
- For athletes, it helps in providing stamina for heavy workouts.
Related Post: Best Multivitamin tablets for Men in India
Myths about Multivitamins
Apart from the above-given benefits of multivitamins, people in our culture, are also living with a lot of myths in their cloud, few of them are:
- Multivitamin capsules can compensate for a poor diet.
- Vitamin supplements are safe and natural.
- Multivitamins can’t be overdosed.
- Multivitamin capsules are not essential.
- Multivitamins and other supplements should be taken on an empty stomach.
How to choose the best Multivitamin tablets?
Variety of multivitamins available may create perplexity, though the supplements are good enough in one or the other aspect. How will you be choosing the best multivitamin tablets that suits your nutritional requirements?
Here are some of the points that you can keep in your mind while picking the best for you:
- Check out your daily requirements i.e. how much amount of vitamins and minerals your body needs. Then, look for the supplement that fulfils exactly that same quantity to reap the benefits of multivitamins.
- Try to go with doctor recommended multivitamins and synthetic vitamins rather than the lab-based supplements.
- Also, check the seal of the box of capsules before buying it in order to avoid any kind of adulteration.
- Do not buy multivitamins without the recommendation of your medical practitioner or without any prescription.
Also Read: Tips to Lose belly Fat (7 most effective)
Important vitamins & minerals your tablets should include for Multivitamin benefits
Beyond the thought- Is it good to take multivitamin everyday & the above-mentioned vitamins and minerals, one should look for these ingredients also in the capsules they are taking.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps reduce the chances of getting sick, makes your bones strong and also prevents bone and hair loss.
- Magnesium: taking magnesium helps in balancing the blood sugar level, manufactures protein, makes bones and DNA, also it helps in easing the sleep problems.
- Calcium: Calcium also is essential in making the bones and maintain stronger teeth.
- Zinc: it helps healing our cuts and wounds. The main function of zinc is to relieve our stress levels and makes us feel calm.
- Iron: taking in a good amount of iron helps increase our energy levels and also makes our RBCs.
- Folate: Folate helps fighting with depression. The best part of taking folate is that it helps in the development of foetus and also prevents birth defects.
- Vitamin B-12: this vitamin helps digest the fats, proteins and carbohydrates that has been consumed during the day.
What age should you start taking Multivitamin everyday?
People often think that multivitamin tablets should only be taken when you become nutrient deficient. But, the truth is different from the myth. These vitamins capsules can also be taken up by a healthy person, athletes or enthusiasts to remain fit and healthy.
People also comes up with the fact that “women don’t require any types of supplements as they are not indulged in any type of physical activity.” But the truth is, these capsules should be taken by each and every adult to maintain the bodily requirements.
After a certain age, women also become nutrition deficient due to poor diet because of which they develop deficiency in their body. Taking these women multivitamin tablets help them overcome the deficiency. Also these multivitamins play a vital role during pregnancy to keep your child healthy and free of birth defects.
Therefore, it is essential to take these vitamins as and when your body demands.
Even kids at the age of 2-3 years could become vitamin deficient in comparison to the infants who get their nutrition from their mother. One should consult a medical practitioner for the right supplement required by the kid.
Also Read: Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Age wise requirement of Multivitamin
At the age of 12 Years
One can start taking the multivitamin tablets in case of any chronic disease or food allergies. Consult a doctor before starting with the supplements. Also, try to choose the vitamin that provides 100 percent of daily value of vitamins and minerals to the child.
In your 20s– Multivitamin Benefits
One can start up with FOLATE as it helps in reducing the depression that more adults feels during their transition from a school going kid to a full-time worker.
During the period of30s
Your body is unable to digest the food properly, or your body’s metabolism falls. You could take MAGNESIUM, taking this will also help in preserving the blood sugar level of the human body.
Related Post: Best Multivitamin tablets for Women in India
While you are in 40s
While you suffer from sleepless nights, you can go with taking MELATONIN that helps producing the sleep hormone which will help you sleep peacefully throughout the night.
When you touch 50– Multivitamin Benefits
you should start taking VITAMIN B12 that helps in absorbing vitamin B and keeps up your energy levels.
When your body feels low and bone starts aching, rather looking for amino acid vitamins minerals and antioxidants tablets, you should just consider taking VITAMIN D without thinking ‘Is it good to take multivitamin everyday’.
Everyone above 70 years
One should start taking these multivitamin tablets as the diet gets restricted due to age. Besides, your body lacks the essential vitamins, which could be covered by supplements.
Multivitamin capsules are helpful in making our bodies work perfectly even during the later ages of our lives. Not only this, but these capsules also help in compensating the vitamins and minerals that are lacking in us.
People require variety of vitamins and minerals depending upon their body structure. Therefore, right multivitamin tablets should be taken by them to stay healthy.