Overweight or underweight individuals frequently blame their heredity. This, however, isn’t always the case. One’s genetic makeup doesn’t necessarily cause weight gain. Our way of living and eating habits have a significant impact. Lets check whether Yoga for Weight Loss works or not?
While doing asanas, a healthy diet is essential. It will help if you exercise self-discipline when it comes to food. Stick to a diet that will help you lose weight by limiting the number of calories you consume.
Related Post- Yoga Poses for Belly Fat
Yoga is a popular method of weight management since it is both healthy and practical. Because yoga has no adverse side effects, it might be a straightforward weight-loss solution, and it’s a long-term process.
How Yoga Helps in Reducing Weight?
Yoga is a beautiful practice, yet weight loss needs a lot of energy. Both are contradictory, but once delved deep enough, they rhyme. Although, It’s never clear how to promote yoga for weight loss because it doesn’t burn any additional calories.
Yoga is beneficial to the mind and the body, and it transforms you into the best version of yourself you’ve ever imagined. Yoga’s stationary poses work wonders for your body.
Also Read- Effective Poses of Yoga for Eyes
Poses of Yoga for Weight Loss
Yoga may be painful, but now you know how it can help us burn calories. Some of the essential yoga positions for weight loss might help you get started on your fitness and health journey.
1. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
The camel stance is performed by touching your ankles until you feel contractions in your abdomen. As a result of camel stance, you can tone your abdominal muscles. After the workout, the tension in your abdominal muscles will decrease, and you’ll also get a nice stretch.
Also Read- Yoga Poses for Glowing Skin
How To Do
- Bend backward while standing on your knees.
- Now, with your right hand, grasp your right heel.
- Slowly raise your body from your knees until you are seated with your entire body weight supported by your knees.
- Your back should be arched when you exhale. One by one, try to hold your ankles with your hands.
- Tilt your head back and extend back till you feel a stretch in your abdomen.
- You should also repeat the same with the opposite hand. Extend your stomach and belly with support from both your heels.
2. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Although it appears to be simple, this pose can be a significant challenge for your abs, which is precisely what will enable them to become stronger.
Also Read- Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally- Home Remedies
How To Do
- Lie down on the floor facing the floor with your face.
- Bend your knees and put your hands on your feet.
- As you inhale, raise your hands and feet off the ground while also lifting the backs of your thighs and chest at the exact moment.
- Maintain this position for up to 30 seconds at a time, progressively extending the time to 90 seconds.
- Take a deep breath and exhale.
3. Kumbhakasana (The Plank)
The plank stance, unquestionably the most popular and well-known of all the poses, is one of the most effective workout for burning stomach fat and toning your muscles.
Related Read- Spot Jogging Benefits for Weight Loss
How to perform:
- Start by laying down on your stomach.
- Move your body up onto straightened arms in step.
- Maintain your balance by standing on your toes.
- You can either face forward or down.
- Hold for as long as possible, then take a little rest before repeating a couple more times. Every day, try to spend a little more time in this position.
4. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
This posture is beneficial for your side and front tummy muscles and for strengthening your core.
Related Post- Most Effective Exercises to Lose Belly Fat at Home
How To Do
- Lie on your back & face the ceiling.
- Keeping your hands by your side and let the shoulders relax. Keep your legs at all times.
- Gently raise your hands and legs off the ground, keeping your tummy in and above the ground at all times, and then slowly lower your hands and legs.
- Reach a 45-degree angle until your body is in a V-shape, and then repeat. Then, breathe deeply for 60 seconds while you hold it in your hands.
8 Recommended Poses of Yoga for Weight Loss Tips
- Carefully and accurately learn how to perform the yoga poses.
- Invest in an excellent yoga mat made of a sturdy material that will support you well.
- Remove your shoes before entering your yoga studio.
- Turn off or put away your phone while doing yoga.
- Wear comfy yoga clothes.
- While completing your yoga asanas, don’t think about how you’re supposed to look.
- Relax and try to concentrate on meditation while doing yoga.
- Maintain a calm and stress-free breathing pattern.